Monday, July 1, 2013

Watson Hitting it Long at TaylorMade-adidas Golf

Congratulations to Neil Watson and wife Anna who recently moved to Carlsbad, California to take a job with TaylorMade-adidas Golf Company.  We were sorry to see them leave DC but thrilled with their new life and opportunity out west.  Here's what Neil is up to. - Prof. McHie

At my new workplace in sunny
Carlsbad, CA
Having recently graduated from the MSBA program in the Class of 2013, I'm  now working as an Accounts Payable Lead for TaylorMade-adidas Golf (TMaG) in Carlsbad, CA.  As an A/P Lead I am responsible for managing all non-inventory invoice processing and vendor payments, all A/P reporting, and month-end closing for A/P. 

During a typical week, over 650 invoices cross my desk totaling about $4 million in company expenses.  In part because of my experience at CUA, I've been invited to participate as a member of the IF (Innovation: Finance) Team where I will be working closely with the CFO, the VPs of Corporate Finance and US Finance, and many others to rethink and reimagine TMaG’s finance department structure and processes.  AND, I still get to attend TED conferences at company expense!

Neil Watson
MSBA Class of 2013

1 comment:

1. Good luck with the new position. It sounds like such a great opportunity for you. Hope all goes well.

ReplyDelete