Wednesday, July 17, 2013

MSBA Grad Lands Job at Start-up

Job Report: Caroline Gangware

Finding a job I liked and could excel at was exactly the reason I decided to attend the MSBA program at Catholic University. I thought it would “just come to me” during the year or classes
Gangware at VC 1776 in DC
but as it turned out it was an outside of the classroom experience that inspired me.

In the spring our class took a trip to Fortify Ventures and saw how a venture capital and incubator company worked. There we met a few companies and they pitched us on their visions and I loved it.

That isn't where I landed my job. Professor McHie and I had a long talk about job options and he pushed me to contact Fortify and schedule meetings with those companies. It was the exact push I needed to get to where I am today.

The TrendPo team
Currently I head up the sales and business development department of a start-up company called TrendPo. There has been more responsibility given to me in the last three months than ever before and I have autonomy in my job that I don’t think I could receive anywhere else. 

This is exactly what I want to be doing and if it weren't for the MSBA program and for Professor McHie (and a few others at Fortify) I wouldn't be in the position I am. It has been a whirlwind of a year and I am very excited about the opportunities I have ahead. 

Congratulations to Caroline!  It's rewarding when a student discovers their niche and passion
TrendPo founder JD Chang
 interviewed by Politico
and that is the case here.  Caroline lights up like a Christmas tree when she talks about her work.  And she has already recorded her first sale!

Stewart McHie
Director, MSBA Program
mchie@cua.edu

1 comment:

1. Working for a startup has it's own pros and cons, while i believe the pros far outweigh the cons. You get superb growth opportunities and freedom for doing your work, while long work hours can mean a bad work-life experience. But you wont regret it!

ReplyDelete