Friday, April 28, 2017

MSBA Student Success Testimonial Series: Maddie Fallon

Maddie Fallon, MSBA '17, has accepted a position as the Student Success Coordinator in the Office of Online Education at The Catholic University of America.

Q: Why did you choose the MSBA Program?

I chose the MSBA program for a few different reasons. I liked that the program was one year and in Washington DC. I really liked how there was a focus on using business for good, and making a difference in the world through good business practices. That was really important for me.

Q: What company will you be working for, and what will your title be?

I have accepted a new position at CUA in the Office of Online Education, as Student Success Coordinator.

Q: How did you get interested in this type of work?

I first became interested in online education through my internship at 2U, an online education technology company; although I’ve always loved helping students and working in customer service. This position is a combination of all of those interests.

Q: How did the CUA MSBA program help prepare you for this career path?

I learned a lot of technical skills I didn’t know before like how to present hard data and think analytically about business problems. Those skills are going to be really helpful in a new position at a growing office. They will also be helpful skills to bring to any job I have throughout my career because they are so transferable.

Q: What from the program stands out specifically that you think helped prepare you for a career in this field?

Both the hands-on experience we got in our field team studies and case study analyses we did in class really shaped our curriculum and put us in the shoes of what it’s like to work with developing businesses. As the Office of Online Education grows at Catholic, I know I can bring my experience in dealing with real business problems to help develop the office even more.

Q: Can you recall a favorite memory from the program?

Any time our class got to hang out together was always really fun, especially if the professors were there outside of a classroom setting. The program itself is a lot of hard work, so it was nice to bond outside of the classroom and connect with each other on things other than school. We spend so much time with each other that our cohort has become like a family. That's probably my favorite experience from the whole program.

No comments:

Post a Comment