Tuesday, September 12, 2017

MSBA Alumni Success Spotlight: Eve Zhu

Eve Zhu, MSBA '16, is a Client Operations Associate at Community Brand. Below, she shares her experiences of the program, and how it has helped her in her career so far.

Q: Why did you choose the MSBA Program?

It has the ability to get you ready to compete in the business world in a short period (9 months). We all know time cost is important in business. The learning curve rises quickly in these 9 months. I had a very good experience with the MSBA Program.

Q: What company do you work for, and what is your title?

Abila (now Community Brand) as a Client Operations Associate.

Q: How did you get interested in this type of work?

I work for a software company, and I started as a management intern. A lot of the initial work when I was an intern was analytics. This was similar to the work I experienced in my Field Team Study project: trouble shooting, finding gaps/issues and providing practical solutions/suggestions. I like it when people give me a mess and I provide them with a solution.

Q: How did the CUA MSBA program help prepare you for this career path?

I was an international student and the MSBA Program really helped me understand that the business world has a different culture. It helped me to quickly adapt to work life.

Q: What from the program stands out specifically that you think helped prepare you for a career in this field?

I think the Field Team Study is one of the most important. Since I am now working in the IT field, I think data analytics, operation management, quantitative analysis, business research, accounting/finance are the courses that have been most helpful in my current job.

Q: Can you recall a favorite memory from the program?

There are too many! The Orientation, NYC trip, field team study, thirty Thursday, midterm review, etc. were all very special.

I think what makes this program great is knowing that our professors/director/career counselor are always there and willing to help at anytime.

No comments:

Post a Comment