Tuesday, May 15, 2018

MSBA Class of 2018 Job Placement: Wilfred Thomas

If you are a current senior or recent college graduate wondering if the MSBA program is right for you or how it can help enhance your undergraduate degree, keep reading!

Wilfred Thomas, MSBA '18, has accepted a job as a Sales Development Representative at MemoryBlue. Below, Wilfred shares his experiences in the program, and how it helped him to find his career:

Q: Why did you choose the MSBA Program?

I wanted a wide range of business courses with Professors from diverse career backgrounds in order to figure out a new career path.

Q: What company will you be working for, and what will your title be?

I will be working at MemoryBlue as a Sales Development Rep. (SDR)

Q: How did you get interested in this type of work?

I've always been involved in initiatives to help fund raise and grow programs for the non-profit I worked for. After speaking with Prof. Mark Weber, it clicked that tech-sales would be a good fit for me.

Q: How did the Catholic U MSBA program help prepare you for this career path?

Having a professor play the role of a mentor throughout my job search helped open many doors and created additional learning opportunities outside of the classroom.

Q: What from the program stands out specifically that you think helped prepare you for a career in this field?

The program was very helpful with networking opportunities to expose me to different aspects and career paths in business.

Q: Can you recall a favorite memory from the program?

One of my favorite memories of the program was meeting John Campion, the CEO of APR Energy. During dinner, he had students do a sales pitch about the wine we were drinking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment