Thursday, May 10, 2018

MSBA Class of 2018 Job Placement: Dennis Treanor

If you are a current senior or recent college graduate wondering if the MSBA program is right for you or how it can help enhance your undergraduate degree, keep reading!

Dennis Treanor, MSBA '18, has accepted a job as an Operations Analyst for the Strategic Investment Group. Below, Dennis shares his experiences in the program, and how it helped him to find his career:

Q: Why did you choose the MSBA Program?

I chose the MSBA Program because I wanted to complement my undergraduate background of education. I was at a crossroad in my professional life because I knew I did not want to go back to school for teaching. Once I heard about the program, I was sold. I knew that combining business and education would help me portray myself as a versatile professional.

Q: What company will you be working for, and what will your title be?

I will be working for the Strategic Investment Group as an Operations Analyst.

Q: How did you get interested in this type of work?

In operations, you learn about the inter-workings of a company. I think being able to make an impact within different departments of a company really excites me.

Q: How did the Catholic U MSBA program help prepare you for this career path?

It started with the people. Every staff member of the MSBA program is there to help you succeed. Whether it was a quick question or a 30-minute conversation, everyone is always willing to lend a hand. It gave me the confidence that I would be successful in whatever I did.

Q: What from the program stands out specifically that you think helped prepare you for a career in this field?

Operations Management was my favorite class during the program. I really liked the problem-solving and critical thinking aspects of the class. After the class, I knew I could really purse a career in operations.

Q: Can you recall a favorite memory from the program?

I think visiting the headquarters of Morgan Stanley in New York City was a cool experience. After meeting with alumni who work at Morgan Stanley, it made me realize that I can go anywhere after graduating from this program.

No comments:

Post a Comment