Wednesday, April 4, 2018

MSBA Class of 2018 Job Placement: Leah Szews

If you are a current senior or recent college graduate wondering if the MSBA program is right for you or how it can help enhance your undergraduate degree, keep reading!

Leah Sophia Szews, MSBA '18, has accepted a job as a a Content Associate at BluShark Digital in Bethesda, Maryland. Below, Leah shares her experiences in the program, and how it helped her find her career:

Q: Why did you choose the MSBA Program?

The MSBA program offers a unique and competitive opportunity to earn a Master’s degree in 9-months. This was my primary motivation for enrolling in the program; however, I also desired to advance my business acumen.

Q: What company will you be working for, and what will your title be?

I will be working for a SEO firm called BluShark Digital in Bethesda, Maryland. I will be a Content Associate.

Q: How did you get interested in this type of work?

I have always been interested in marketing. However, I networked with a MSBA alumni at a program hosted event and later reached out to her for a fellowship opportunity.

Q: How did the Catholic U MSBA program help prepare you for this career path?

The Catholic U MSBA program demands excellence and discipline through many different aspects. This has largely helped define the way I prepared for entering a professional business setting.

Q: What from the program stands out specifically that you think helped prepare you for a career in this field?

Attention to detail and a flexible attitude towards problem solving are two attributes that have been constantly reinforced by the program. Applying those two attributes has strongly helped prepare me for my future position at BluShark.

Q: Can you recall a favorite memory from the program?

The TopGolf excursion was one of my favorite memories from the program. This is where I initially bonded with classmates that have become some of my very close friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment