Monday, November 27, 2017

Teaching the Philosophy of Business

Dennis Treanor, MSBA '18, is an Education Studies major from The Catholic University of America. Dennis joined because of his love of learning and desire to find his career path:

Being an Education Studies, major at Catholic University, gave me the freedom to take classes in different subjects, more than a regular teaching major would. I was able to explore business, psychology, sociology, and many more. Diversifying my curriculum allowed me to apply certain ideas from these courses and adapt them to my “teaching philosophy.” This philosophy is my personal beliefs about teaching, learning, and the motivation of students. We are all students of some type, whether that is teaching someone to write a paragraph or teaching someone how to analyze a task analysis process.

As we continue to grow as students, we grow as teachers because it is our duty to pass down what we have learned to younger generations to help them come up with their own new ideas and thoughts. Learning is a concept that is constantly in motion because we are living in a world that is changing every day. That is why it is so important to teach others about finding their own teaching philosophy and what they believe is important to them when it comes to learning. This will lead to people motivating others to learn.

Image result for catholic university

My favorite teacher always had this quote in his classroom, “The teacher is the one who gets the most out of the lessons, and the true teacher is the learner.”

No comments:

Post a Comment