Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Another "Story I Love!"

2012 MSBA Grad Maureen Moran
This great story from Maureen Moran.  Don't you love how networking happens in these small burgs like New York City!

"The office where I had an interview scheduled is located right on Fashion Avenue.  I got to the area really early just to be sure I wasn't late for my interview (note: I taught her that!!!)
I went to a nearby coffee shop and grabbed a coffee and sat outside. I was looking over my resume when this woman approached me and asked "Oh are you on the job-search?" And I said "Yes, I actually have an interview today". And then she said "Send me your resume, I'll pass it along" and she handed me her business card. I didn't even have time to look at it and I gave her one of mine (we supply our MSBA students with business cards by the way) and she was off.  It was around 9:00 am so everyone was rushing off to work. Then I looked at the card and saw that it said Executive Assistant to Ms. [Donna] Karan and I was so excited.

So I emailed her my resume when I got home from my interview and she emailed back right away asking "if you could have your dream job, what would it be?". So I replied, and then she replied with, "I am going to have HR call you in for an interview." So it all happened really fast, I still can't really believe it. So now I think I'm just going to have to go sit at coffee shops in all different districts and see who approaches me!"

Let's hope this turns out to have a fairy tale ending!

Stewart McHie
Director, Master of Science in Business Analysis
mchie@cua.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment